Mr. P and the Appointment

After retiring from work in December 2016, I needed to find a new Urologist not far from home. I had one not too far from the office, but I didn't fancy going into town just to go to the doctors. In August this year, I turned up at the local clinic and asked for an appointment..

Being a new patient I was ready for anything.
It was going to be either a ‘no sorry, can't take on any one new', or ‘yes, no problem! but’, (there is alway a 'but') 'the earliest in six months'.
I waited with baited breath.

Well it was the latter. Oh well I thought at least I’m in, even if it’s early next year. I put on a face and sighed and took the note with the date. I had turned and was heading for the door when the receptionist called me back and to wait a moment and started to study her computer screen.
After a while she looked up and said that someone had just cancelled their appointment.
Okay, that didn’t sound bad, maybe the new slot would be a little earlier than half a year.
She smiled and as she handed me a new note said
‘How about tomorrow morning at ten?’.
I was buff!
If I had left a couple of minutes earlier I would still have 2 months to go!

No comments

Powered by Blogger.