London: Waiting - February 2005

A live recording of deep purple in the headphones, people milling about in droves just like at an airport – wait a minute this is an airport !
Oh well, I'm sitting on the end of a row of seats not the best place. I have the feeling that people at airports seem to be attracted to static luggage and falling over them. Maybe a new sport discipline...

Oh boy, every now and then one gets a whiff of either sweat from nylon shirts or a cloud of recently bought pong from one of the numerous duty free pong shops in front of me – if perfume was visible, the wearer wouldn’t be...
.. 'Smoke on the water', a great song...
53rd. spastic eye movement to the flight board..
Oh my god another whiff, I think I'll have to look for a more secluded place - difficult here, the tarmac is probably the best bet.

Hate sitting around in these places, you get here early only to find out your going to be late.
Ah! 17:53 flight is scheduled for 18:35 and no call - not even a gate - let alone a blinking one. I suspect a mad dash as usual two and half hours of non-relax-ment.
54th. REM.

This day is not “jet” over, I’ll be glad for the weekend mega nap attack.
55th….
Flight entry slowly moving up the board, now embedded between go to gates so and so. Next level, I really hate it when your flight is nested between "boarding now’s" and you ‘an’t.
I suspect anytime now I'll see “delayed for" - well lets do a little prediction here.. Damn! Frankfurt is delayed for 45 minutes and it should be leaving 10 minutes after mine.
Looks like the weather in Germany is bad again, I expected the weather here to be worse but to quote H2G2 'mostly harmless'.
It’s now 18:12 and I think I will stop for the mo...

No comments

Powered by Blogger.